Monday, May 19, 2014

Summer Run Scavenger Hunt and Other fun!

I know I've been absent from the blog, I'm just out here enjoying the amazing weather, life, and running.  There's not a ton to report! Rey is also home and when he's home I try to break away from the computer and social media to spend time with him.  We've spent a lot of time outside, grilling, and taking walks.  It's been fabulous! I don't know how it's possible that I ever I forget how lucky I am to have found my soulmate.  He fills my world with smiles and laughter in a way that no one else does.  


Some fun solar flare going on in that shot!  

Speaking of photos...because let's face it, I can't NOT speak of them...

Today I joined the Summer Run Scavenger Hunt that Fairytales and Fitness  put together!  For the next 2 weeks I'll be having fun looking for some of these items on my runs. #SummerRunHunt Here's the list:

1. A WILD animal (Alive)....(deer, rabbit, squirrel, moose, etc.)
2. A Fence

3. A Street sign named after a tree.....(Elm, Pine, Hemlock, etc...)

4. A Flag ( any kind)

5.  A pair of orange running shoes ( or shoes that have orange on them)

6. A purple flower

7. An animal crossing sign ( deer, duck, moose?,,,etc)

8. A discarded food item or container

9. A port o potty

10. A baby stroller

11. A Yellow Labrador or Golden Retriever 

12. A house #12  or mailbox #12

13. Road kill  ( please don't hurt animals for the sake of the picture...haha)

14.  A Red car  ( please don't run in the street for this one)

15. Another runner or walker

16. A Disney lawn ornament

17. An outside clock

18. A tree bearing fruit ( or berries).

19.  Find a word ( on a sign or store front, etc) that you can related to running.

20. A selfie

There's directions on how to join in on Meranda & Lacey's blog above if you want to play too! 

I had such a good time looking for items this morning on my 4 mile run.  It actually made my run go faster and I noticed things I don't normally notice.  I decided to just focus on a few I could remember and there were a few times I didn't stop for things.  I do get a little caught up with my pace and I didn't want to stop TOO many times (I can get carried away with photos, ya know) so I decided that 3 would be a good number for this morning.  
Here's what I came up with:  

#2. A fence

 

 #3. A street sign named after a tree (this one was a bit easy since I live in the "Forest City" and live on a tree-named street...NATURALLY.) 


 #19. Find a word ( on a sign or store front, etc) that you can related to running.

This one was the most fun to look for, I found a couple! 


I think this is my favorite though...deep. 



 This scavenger hunt is perfect for me right now, something fun to add to my runs and obviously photo related challenges are fun for me. It gives me a new perspective of areas that I have run multiple times and makes my runs interesting and fun! Geez, how many times can I say FUN??? Lol.

I'm off to enjoy the rest of my time with Rey before he has to leave out again.  I hope everyone is having a fantastic week and I'm sorry if I've neglected commenting on some of your blogs.  I've been trying to at least read them!  

  Have you ever done a scavenger hunt to *spice up* your running? 



13 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time with Rey! We miss you here but family always comes first!! :0) Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! It's so nice to have him home, I'm sure I'll be right back to yacking on the interwebs when he leaves. Our time is so precious when he's here!

      Delete
  2. I literally LOL'ed at your "PACE" picture! Very fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scavenger hunt idea and am looking forward to your pics, which will be much more interesting than my hasty iPhone snapshots! Have fun with Rey! You guys always look like you're having such a great time together in your photos - glad you're getting to soak it up this week! - Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! He had to leave back out. I think having him gone makes me miss him more and I try not to take for granted the time we do have together!

      Delete
  4. Have fun in the scavenger hunt! I am going to be doing this too:) But my pictures are not going to look anywhere near as awesome as yours:) You made the street sign look like an awesome travel destination:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! I haven't taken anymore shots yet, but I'm looking forward to it. It spices up my average run a bit!

      Delete
  5. So glad you're having awesome family time! I'm doing the scavenger hunt too, but I can't remember much when I run. I got purple flower photos and that's it. The only other one I could remember was roadkill and #1 there wasn't any and #2 I'm just not sure I can bring myself to stop and photograph any if I found it. Love your photos as per usual, Ms. Talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha April, I really struggled about putting Roadkill on the list, but on Friday I had a friend run to my house and he suggested it cus he said he saw 3 possums on the way!

      Delete
    2. LOL...yep, no roadkill for me. I don't think I would enjoy that. Purple flower was the one I remembered the other day and then all the sudden I saw a ton of them...but decided not to stop, I was enjoying the run too much.

      Delete
  6. Karen, We are so glad you are having fun participating in the Scavenger Hunt! Your photos have been amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meranda! I'm glad you girls came up with it, it's a lot of fun!

      Delete